Bergamot Essential Oil
Like a bright sunny morning Bergamot quickly became one of my favourite oils. It has a cheery but soft aroma of citrusy freshness and it’s one that I use whenever I’m needing to create a fresh outlook.
Bergamot is the most delicate of the citrus plants, requiring special climate and soil in order to thrive. Italians have used Bergamot for years to reduce feelings of stress and to soothe and rejuvenate skin. In Greece, the unripe fruits are used as sweetmeats, eaten by the spoonful as a dessert or with coffee. Bergamot is unique among citrus oils due to its ability to be both uplifting and calming, making it ideal to help with anxious and sad feelings. It is also purifying and cleansing for the skin while having a calming effect.
- Calming and soothing aroma
- Provides skin purifying benefits
- Frequently used in massage therapy for its calming benefits
Uses: (aromatic | topical | internal | sensitive-dilute)
- Diffuse in the classroom, at work, or at home when stress levels or tension is high.
- Apply to the skin while showering and inhale deeply to experience its calming aroma while enjoying its purifying skin benefits.
- Change regular tea to Earl Grey with the addition of Bergamot.
- Apply to the feet before bedtime or use with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil for a calming and relaxing massage.
- Add one to two drops to your DIY skin care cleanser
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
The oil of self-acceptance, bergamot is one that encourages people to see life with more hope, confidence and optimism.(1)
“Bergamot has a cleansing affect on stagnant feelings and limiting belief systems…..
Bergamot’s powerful cleansing properties generate movement in the energy system, which in turn brings hope.”(2)
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas. Avoid sunlight or UV rays for up to 12 hours after applying product.
(1) Enlighten Alternative Healing, LLC (2015). Emotions and Essential Oils: A Modern Resource for Healing. Emotional Reference Guide-Fourth Edition. Published by Enlighten Alternative Healing, LLC
(2) Enlighten Alternative Healing, LLC (2015). Emotions and Essential Oils: A Modern Resource for Healing. Emotional Reference Guide-Fourth Edition. Published by Enlighten Alternative Healing, LLC, Page 21